Laser cutting technology is widely used in the processing of metallic and nonmetallic materials, Compared with other cutting methods, laser cutting is characterized by the high cutting speed and quality summarized as the following aspects:
1. Due to the small laser spot, high density and cutting speed, laser cutting will get better cutting quality.
2. Laser cutting incisions are thin and parallel, perpendicular to the surface degrees, available to cut complicated shape work piece.
3. Laser cutting surface is smooth and beautiful, and even can be used as a machining process, without machining, the parts can be used directly.
4. As non-contact processing, after laser machine cutting, heat-affected zone is very small, and the deformation of the work piece, high precision, and greatly improved the quality of the product.
5. High cutting speed, the maximum cutting speed can reach 6-9meter/minute.
6. Friendly environment, low noise and low pollution.
In summary, laser cutting not only improve production efficiency and product quality, but also saves material and processing costs, compared with original cutting method, unnecessary waste is reduced.
Laser cutting machinecompared with other cutting techniques
Comparison between Flame cutting and laser cutting
Investment in laser cutting machine is big amount, mostly used in thin steel plate. , laser machines are used for non-metallic materials, with high cutting speed, high precision. However, some material after laser cutting is not ideal, such as aluminum, copper and other nonferrous metals, especially for thick sheet metal cutting, the cutting surface is not ideal, for some thick steel ,even can't cut through. Laser cutting machine manufacturers develop high-power laser in order to cut thick steel plate.
Water jet Cutting a small investment, low running cost, wide range of cutting materials, high efficiency, but cutting speed is slow, low accuracy, easy operation and maintenance. Laser cutting speed is higher.
Comparison between Laser cutting and plasma cutting
Plasma cutting has significant thermal effects, low precision, cutting surface is not good for second processing, but can be cut on the slab. Laser cutting can only work metal sheet not too thick .Cutting surface is smooth with high precision, normally does not require secondary processing; cutting speed is faster than the plasma cutting.
Comparison between laser cutting and wire cutting
For metal processing, wire cutting enjoys higher accuracy and can cut on the slab, but cutting is very slow, and sometimes other cutting means are required to punch, while cutting the size has been greatly limited. Laser cutting machine can punch and cut material, cutting speed is higher, the processing size range is bigger than wire cutting, the obvious advantage is that the speed faster than the wire cutting.